Sunday, January 16, 2011

Trevor



My Pal Trevor

The beginning of my favorite part of the work day occurs as I am getting ready to exit my car after arriving home and the door to the garage hurriedly opens with my excited, talkative and huggable 2 1/2 year ready to give his daddy a great big hug! Trevor is a great little shadow and we enjoy working in the yard, going on bike rides and walks, watching football (Trevor was rooting on the Seahawks last week by saying: "Go boys, go boys!"), playing catch in the backyard, wrestling, making pancakes, running errands, and reading books. Trevor warms up my days at work by telling me via the phone all about his day at preschool, the movie or activity he most recently viewed or played, the status of his baby brother, and most recently by singing "Happy Birthday" to me. I look forward to our time together each day and thank our Heavenly Father for sending Karen and I such a wonderful, healthy and loving child.



Innocence

There are times, however rare these days, when Trevor just wants his Dad to hold him close and comfort him. These times are precious to me as I get to hold him in my arms and be his comforter. It is during times like these that I reflect on the great responsibility I have to provide for such an innocent, trusting, and pure child. I hope I can always be there for Trevor when he needs comforting.



Curiosity

Trevor gets/wants to get into everything (as is evident by the picture above). He loves trying new things (Karen taught him how to spike a volleyball the other day and he loved it) like taking pictures, cracking open eggs, hammering nails, etc. His curiosity is usually very entertaining but sometimes nerve-racking.



The Usual

Trevor can often be found jumping on the trampoline, sliding down the slide (cleverly placed on the stairs by his mother), throwing balls, sword fighting, and when weather permitting riding his trike to the park. He is a happy and active little guy.

One of my favorite moments that happened a while back was the following exchange:

(DAD) "Trevor. You're the man!"

(TREVOR) "No Dad. You're the man; I'm the boy!"

1 comment:

Austin Vach said...

I like this post, you ARE the man Erik. I sure love you guys